Tax Residency Certificate

Tax Residency Certificate Registration

Tax Residency Certificate Registration

It is very much required to have a Tax Residency certificate from the resident country tax authorities to claim the applicable relief under Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements (DTAA). The resident has to file an application in Form 10FA to the assessing officer for obtaining TRC along with the supporting documents and according to the new rule the assessing officer on receipt of the application, being satisfied on the particulars contained therein has to issue Form 10FB to the resident.

Documents required for Tax Residency Certificate

For Individuals

  • Copy of the Passport
  • Copy of Voter ID / Aadhar Card / PAN Card
  • Certified copy of Lease Agreement
  • Salary Certificate
  • Certified copy of Bank Statement
  • Age proof such as Birth Certificate, School Certificate (10th Admit card) etc.
  • Two Passport size Photographs
  • Photocopies of all documents duly attested by a Government Official
  • An Affidavit from Tahsil or Court

For Corporate

  • Copy of the trade license
  • Certified copy of Establishment contract
  • A copy of the Company’s Owners / Partners / Directors’ Passports
  • A copy of the Company’s Owners / Partners / Directors’ IDs
  • A copy of the Company’s Owners / Partners / Directors’ Permits of Residence
  • Certified copy of the Audited Accounts
  • A Validated 6-month Bank Statement
  • Certified copy of the Lease Agreement